Spring 2021 Update:
RIFAC continues to follow the strict guidelines below to ensure the safety of our fencers and staff. These guidelines have been in place at RIFAC since June 1, 2020.
- Prior to their first class, all students must complete the RIFAC COVID waiver here: https://forms.gle/4QjJU2xf4tVx3BJN8
- Classes will be limited to 15 students, although most classes, as always, will be much smaller.
- Students should arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to their class start time. If you arrive earlier than that, please wait in your car.
- All students/visitors will be logged in and screened upon arrival, including the use of a non-contact scanning thermometer.
- We have made slight adjustments to our schedule to allow ample time between classes for cleaning and more spacious entry/exit of the students.
- Cloth or surgical masks will be required to be worn by students at all times, even under their fencing masks.
- Only fencers and staff will be allowed inside the club unless it is absolutely necessary that one parent/guardian accompany the student.
- Water fountains will not be accessible. Fencers should bring their own water bottles. Water is also available for purchase for $1, Vitamin water is $2. Drink cards are also available for $10 and are kept at the counter to make it easy for students to use.
- Dressing rooms will be closed. Students should come dressed in their workout clothes. We will have a designated area for fencing bags and personal equipment.
- Distancing guidelines will be followed during all classes. Fencing will be allowed, but with strict limitation of close distance actions.
- We will continue to suspend any hand shaking/fist bumping or any contact with other students and staff.
- We strongly recommend that experienced students have their own gear. We have new and used gear available for purchase. For families that are not able to purchase gear at this time, we will have gear to borrow at the club. All shared RIFAC gear will be thoroughly cleaned between each use.
Please see resources below under our Camp Updates for further family resources re: Covid-19 guidelines and policies. Should you have any questions, please contact us at (401) 434-2404 or email@example.com.
RIFAC 2020 SUMMER CAMP UPDATE
We are excited to announce that all fencing camps for July and August will be running as scheduled! RIFAC has received approval from the State of Rhode Island under the guidelines set in place for Rhode Island Summer Camps. We encourage you to read the plans and additional resources provided below. The safety and health of our fencers, their families and our staff remains our top priority. Please contact Program Coordinator, Diane Partridge, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (401) 434-2404 with any questions. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon!