RIFAC 2020 SUMMER CAMP UPDATE
We are excited to announce that all fencing camps for July and August will be running as scheduled! RIFAC has received approval from the State of Rhode Island under the guidelines set in place for Rhode Island Summer Camps. We encourage you to read the plans and additional resources provided below. The safety and health of our fencers, their families and our staff remains our top priority. Please contact Program Coordinator, Diane Partridge, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (401) 434-2404 with any questions. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Rhode Island Fencing Academy and Club Approval
Waiver, RIFAC, COVID-19
RIFAC Daily Summer Camp Guidelines, COVID-19
RIFAC CLASS UPDATE
May 28, 2020
Greetings RIFAC Class and Club Team Families,
I want to start out by thanking all of you that have stayed active with RIFAC during these past few months. We have received such wonderful feedback about our online program and your financial and emotional support have allowed us to keep RIFAC going during this most challenging time. We deeply appreciate this and want you to know we are incredibly grateful for each and every one of you.
As you may have heard, fitness centers in RI will be allowed to begin re-opening on June 1. We are so excited to welcome our fencers back to RIFAC! We will begin our re-opening in stages and while it will look a little different to start, we are confident that we will be able to deliver an amazing experience for everyone who is able to rejoin us for classes and training for the month of June.
We will be strictly following the guidelines and restrictions as determined by the State of RI (this information is available to everyone at reopeningri.com
) We are very fortunate that many of the guidelines will be easy for us to implement, as we already have small class sizes and require all students to pre-register.
Here are some of the other important details we want you to know about:
- Classes will be limited to 15 students, however, we expect to have much smaller size groups for most classes, as we previously had.
- All students/visitors will be logged in and screened upon arrival, including the use of a non-contact scanning thermometer.
- We will make slight adjustments to our schedule to allow ample time between classes for cleaning and more spacious entry/exit of the students.
- Cloth or surgical masks will be required to be worn by students at all times. Special mask inserts to fit inside fencing masks have been ordered and will be distributed to all students once they are available. Students may want to consider purchasing a cloth mask that it meant for exercise/running as they may find it more comfortable.
- Only fencers and staff will be allowed inside the club unless it is absolutely necessary that one parent/guardian accompany the student.
- Waiting areas and changing rooms will be closed and water fountains will not be accessible. Students should come dressed in their workout clothes and bring their own water bottles. We will have a designated area for fencing bags and personal equipment that will be cleaned between each class.
- Distancing guidelines will be followed during all classes. Fencing will be allowed, but with strict limitation of close distance actions.
- We will continue to suspend any hand shaking/fist bumping or any contact with other students and staff.
- We strongly recommend that returning students have their own gear. We have new and used gear available for purchase. For families that are not able to purchase gear at this time, we will have limited gear to borrow at the club. All shared RIFAC gear will be thoroughly cleaned between each use.
We know this may all sound daunting, however, we believe this new routine will become much less so after just a few days of implementation. For families that feel comfortable returning under these circumstances, we will eagerly welcome you back!
At this time, if you would like to resume your in-person class (including the Club Team practices), it is essential that you please reply to this email to confirm your spot and intention to return starting next week. If at all possible, we are asking that you please let us know by Saturday, May 30. For now, we will be keeping our previous class schedule as it was prior to closing in March and making adjustments as necessary due to the number of students. We will be confirming with each student and providing more specific guidelines and details at that time.
We understand that not everyone will feel comfortable returning to in-person training at this time. Because of this, we will plan to continue the RIFAC Online Program with the weekly class videos and the live Zoom classes for the month of June at the current online pricing. If we don’t hear from you by Saturday, May 30, we will assume you are continuing with the RIFAC online program.
For all continuing students, whether you are attending in-person or online classes, we will be honoring your earned stamps for March, April and May and will be awarding pins at the end of the June session, as always planned for the last class of the season. In-person students will be awarded the 3 stamps during the first week of class. For online students, we will have a special plan to award the stamps and pin for you at the end of this month.
Just a quick note about or Beginner Classes and Summer Camps- a more detailed email regarding our plan will be sent soon. While our June camps have been cancelled, registration is currently open at https://rifac.com/summer-camps/
for our Full and Half-Day July sections.
Don’t forget, we need to hear from you if you plan to resume classes next week!
Thank you all so much again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.