Update March 21, 2022
Update September 1, 2021
Update May 19, 2021
We are so excited to be one step closer towards things returning to normal as RIDOH implements new COVID guidelines this week. And we can’t wait to welcome all parents and guests back into the club soon! While in general, you may see many restrictions are being lifted in RI for vaccinated people, the situation is a little trickier at RIFAC where the majority of our young fencers are not yet vaccinated, and therefore will still need to continue to follow mask-wearing and social distancing rules.
In order to protect our unvaccinated group, we are going to carry on with all previous RIDOH guidelines and continue to ask that just staff and fencers come into the club at this time. However, in accordance with CDC/RIDOH guidelines, any staff member or fencer that is fully vaccinated will no longer be required to wear a mask inside the club. In order to maintain the confidence and security of our non-vaccinated group, fully vaccinated people who would like to go without a mask will need to confirm their vaccine status at entry. Once checked, they will then be allowed entry without a mask each time from there on. This is, of course, voluntary, however, if you chose not to show vaccination proof you will be expected to continue with mask-wearing and social distancing guidelines.
Our staff is sensitive that everyone has different comfort levels with this stage of returning to pre-pandemic life. Our goal is to help everyone feel as secure as possible while continuing their training at RIFAC. For now, our coaches will continue to check in with their classes to determine overall vaccination status and will mask while working with our younger fencers that have not yet had the opportunity to be vaccinated.
Spring 2021 Update:
RIFAC continues to follow the strict guidelines below to ensure the safety of our fencers and staff. These guidelines have been in place at RIFAC since June 1, 2020.
- Prior to their first class, all students must complete the RIFAC COVID waiver here: https://forms.gle/4QjJU2xf4tVx3BJN8
- Classes will be limited to 15 students, although most classes, as always, will be much smaller.
- Students should arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to their class start time. If you arrive earlier than that, please wait in your car.
- All students/visitors will be logged in and screened upon arrival, including the use of a non-contact scanning thermometer.
- We have made slight adjustments to our schedule to allow ample time between classes for cleaning and more spacious entry/exit of the students.
- Cloth or surgical masks will be required to be worn by students at all times, even under their fencing masks.
- Only fencers and staff will be allowed inside the club unless it is absolutely necessary that one parent/guardian accompany the student.
- Water fountains will not be accessible. Fencers should bring their own water bottles. Water is also available for purchase for $1, Vitamin water is $2. Drink cards are also available for $10 and are kept at the counter to make it easy for students to use.
- Dressing rooms will be closed. Students should come dressed in their workout clothes. We will have a designated area for fencing bags and personal equipment.
- Distancing guidelines will be followed during all classes. Fencing will be allowed, but with strict limitation of close distance actions.
- We will continue to suspend any hand shaking/fist bumping or any contact with other students and staff.
- We strongly recommend that experienced students have their own gear. We have new and used gear available for purchase. For families that are not able to purchase gear at this time, we will have gear to borrow at the club. All shared RIFAC gear will be thoroughly cleaned between each use.
Please see resources below under our Camp Updates for further family resources re: Covid-19 guidelines and policies. Should you have any questions, please contact us at (401) 434-2404 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
RIFAC 2020 SUMMER CAMP UPDATE
We are excited to announce that all fencing camps for July and August will be running as scheduled! RIFAC has received approval from the State of Rhode Island under the guidelines set in place for Rhode Island Summer Camps. We encourage you to read the plans and additional resources provided below. The safety and health of our fencers, their families and our staff remains our top priority. Please contact Program Coordinator, Diane Partridge, at email@example.com or (401) 434-2404 with any questions. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Rhode Island Fencing Academy and Club Approval